Friday, November 26, 2010

Withdrawing from the Crowd

Imagine yourself in the middle of the crowd where everyone is shouting. Will you still decide to be in that place or will you withdraw from it? Years ago, during Christmas day or New Year, everyone is making noise as a sign of thanksgiving, but there some point in my life that in that moment I want peace and quite moment to really say and thank God for what he has done for me and for our family. But I cant do it because the noise that really destructs me.

There are also some point in my life in my walk with the Lord in doing things for Him that I stopped. I became weary and burdened. Later did I know that all things has been done just out of my own strength though I acknowledge God. Then it made me think to withdraw from the crowd.

"But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed" Luke 5:16

While reading this passage from the bible, the last word structs me. Jesus prayed? How come? Why? He is the son of God and anything that he wants will be given to Him. and it made me realize of the following things.

1. Jesus enjoyed a fellowship with His Father.
     This speaks our desires to build intimacy with the Lord. Spending a quality time requires a quantity time with HIM.

2. Jesus modeled it to people.
      Theres no other reason why we can't be more intimate with the Lord. It requires decisions to do it.

3. Be in the place where you can be with the Lord alone.
      Its like dating someone that we want him/her be with us alone just to have a special and intimate time. Jesus longs for us to do it.

Lets withdrew to lonely place and PRAYED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger